Wednesday, September 22, 2010

So...You Need a Men's Haricut?

If you're looking for the Arkansas Zone Party Sign-Up, go here.

Alright, so this post will probably only be of interest to guys...but it's still worth it. (Hey, it might be useful to you ladies as well if your man is getting a little shaggy.)

If most of you guys are like myself, then you probably haven't had a haircut yet this semester. For some of you, that may not be an issue. For me, it meant that my hair was getting so long in the front that I couldn't see the whiteboard in most of my classes and so long in the back that I looked like I had a mullet a bit long. I started looking around the Tuscaloosa area for a good place to get a men's haircut, and did I ever find a place...

That's right, the old-fashioned Northport Barber Shop (click here for Google Maps). For those of you who haven't been to an old-fashioned barber shop like this one, let me tell you that it is quite the experience. At the place where I get my hair cut back home, a 'stylist' cuts my hair while complaining about her boyfriend. At the Barber Shop, though, a barber trims my hair while talking about football.


These guys are great conversationalists. While I was there, I heard at least half a dozen stories that had to have been made up...but that's what made it fun. And the haircut itself was good, too! Of course, the best part is the shaving. There's nothing quite like warm shaving cream lather and a straight razor.

So...if you're looking for a men's haircut in or around Tuscaloosa, I can definitely recommend the Northport Barber Shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment